Sunday 22 July 2012

THE BREAK... by Arunkumar A




Monday, 10:46 pm,

Beep Beep… The sms from him reached her mobile..

Karthik : R u there baby?

Jessie : S dear.

Karthik : I like 2 discuss sumthin’ serious

Jessie :  Karthik, What do u mean?

Karthik : Pls listen to it carefully dear.

Jessie :  What dear? What’s wrong? Anything bad with ur work?

Karthik : No baby, Nothing abt work. Listen to me carefully. I don’t want to hurt u

(Jessie didn’t reply, she thought, "Is he going to breakup with me? Oh god I love him so much!!!")

Karthik : R u there baby???

Jessie :  S, I’m here. What’s so important??

Karthik : I’m not sure how I’ll start this…

Jessie :  Pls tell me quickly. My head feel like bursting. plz

Karthik : I’m leaving…

Jessie : What r u talking about?? I don’t want u to leave me. I love u idiot… L

Karthik : Heyy not like that baby. I mean I’m moving far away. Dubai

Jessie :  Why? U have a job here and all ur family and me are here. And u r happy being here no?

Karthik : No baby, I have to earn something for our future, and I like to keep you happy forever. So I accepted this job at Dubai. Just for one or two years…

Jessie :  J I’m happy for ur care dear. Really touched. But how I can be here without u for 2 years??

Karthik : Heyy, I’ll get leaves in each 3 months and I’ll meet u. Also we have skype, google chat to 
stay connected. Cheer up baby… Always u r my sweet heart..

Jessie :  Great dear, I'm happy… Hey My mom is here. If she knows that I’m chatting u. She’ll kill me… Tk cr.. J

Karthik : I don’t know why mom’s so cruel to me. Is being a Hindu a crime??? Why can’t she give her daughter for a man who’s really nice, earning and so caring??? I hate her…

Jessie :  When u become a father and if ur daughter is loving a Christian then u’ll understand her feelings… My sweet hubby, pls have a great sleep.

Karthik : Hey wait… My flight is on Friday and I need to meet u before that…

Jessie went to the bathroom with her phone and called Karthik.

"Wow, That Lady Hitler has allowed u to call Jessie?… I didn’t expected a call from you at this time. Thanks a lot baby... I love you, love you, love you my sweetie…"

In a husky voice, "Stop teasing my mom, She’s sleeping and I came to the bathroom to speak with you. Now listen, I can take a leave from my office on Thursday and I’ll spend the complete day with you. I want you to take me a ride in your bike".

Suddenly Jessie's mom shouted from the bathroom door, “Jessie, Are you speaking with that Hindu idiot again? Oh Jesus, how many times I have told you to stop this Jessie?. What will happen to our society and status? What our relatives will speak about us? Can’t you remember I have a wish when you born that your marriage should happen only at Velankanni Church?”

“Mom, I’m not on phone, I was just singing a song when using the bathroom”

“Ok Ok, Come and sleep soon”

“Please go, I’ll come after drinking some water”

She went to the kitchen and again spoke to him, “Dear, I think my mom found out that I’m speaking with you. Please don’t take anything seriously, Ok, as discussed we’re meeting on Thursday, Bye, Good night Sweetheart…”

“Bye”  


Then she got an sms from him,

Karthik : Baby, Can we have a quick register marriage? I’ll take you to Dubai and we start to lead a great life there…

Jessie : What are you saying Karthik? I can’t elope. If there’s a marriage happening to me, that should be in front of my mom. And she should bless us with all her heart. You should convince her.

Karthik : How many times I’ve spoken with her? She’s not even seeing me as a human. For her, I’m a filthy creature which follows Hinduism. How can I convince such a person who doesn’t cares about her daughter’s wish? I think I’ll lose you because of her L Bye…

Then she didn’t get any messages or calls from him even after her continuous apologies.




Thursday 10:00 am,
Jessie came to the spot in the morning and waited for Karthik but he didn’t come. She waited and waited upto the noon and decided to call him. But she found that his mobile was switched off. She was completely disheartened and cried sitting in a corner of the garden and checked the very last sms she got from Karthik. 

The sad smiley and Bye in that sms meant something for her.

Jessie went back to home. She cried the whole night without having any food. She switched off her mobile and didn’t speak with anyone.


After two days she got a courier from Karthik,

It said…

“You probably already know that I’m leaving early, I knew this would be better if I wrote a letter explaining the truth about how much I care about you. The truth is that I never care about you, I never love you, I hate you so much, you are my bitch and don’t you ever forget that. I never wanted to talk to you, and be around you. You really have no clue how much I hate you. Now that I’m leaving I thought you should know that I hate you, bitch. You never did the right thing, and you are never in my heart. I didn’t think I could hate someone as much as I hate you. And I never want to see you, for the rest of my life, I will never miss kissing you like before, I never want to cuddle up, how we used to. I will not miss you and that’s a promise. You never had my love, and I want you to remember that. Bitch, you keep this because this will help you to understand that how much I hate when you get any memories about me again.
I hate you so much. I will not talk to you soon bitch… Goodbye.”

Jessie started to cry, she threw that letter in the garbage and cried for hours.

Days passed, She was sad, depressed and she felt so lonely, never went to the office… 
Then she finally switched on her mobile and found that she got a very long sms from Karthik on Wednesday evening which she didn’t noticed at all.

It said…

Karthik : Really sorry dear, I can’t make it on Thursday because my flight is preponed by the employers to tomorrow morning. And I’ll be in flight so my phone will be switched off. I thought of sending a letter to you written by my hand so that whenever you miss me you can read the letter and have a little smile.

I knew your Mom might read and tear it , So I switched some words in that letter…
Hate = Love,  Never = Always,  Bitch = Sweetheart,  Will not = Will

Hope you understand this, I love you with all my heart and I’ll find out a way to convince your mom. All l need is some time. I swear that will definitely convince her. Take care baby…

Jessie was shocked after reading that letter and said to herself, “ Oh my God!... Karthik loves me!! He has sent this sms the day before his early departure. How I missed this sms, I can’t believe how stupid I am!!”

She searched for that Karthik’s letter and again read it after replacing those words, now with a big smile…

Jessie and Karthik’s love has become so strong after this small break and it cannot be broken again by any forces hereafter…

If both of your love is strong, then the love itself will unite you…
                                                                              
                                                                                             -- Arun...


2 comments: